The CDPP Ultrasound guided sclerotherapy consists of a theoretical and a practical part.
You will find below the details of each of these parts.
Theorical teaching includes different supports:
– Bibliographical references (coded access to a database) and books
– Access to videos and courses by power-point presentations in pdf format on a dedicated platform on the SFP website
– Courses by e-learning, on a dedicated platform, on the SFP website (access with password; control planned)
– Participation in congresses accredited by the NRTCP;
– Face-to-face courses and workshops at SFP congresses.
Validation of the theoretical part:
1. The candidate must have viewed all the e-learning courses: validation by systematic electronic control.
2. Validation of participation in actions on congresses and other means of training is by point credits (see list of accredited congresses and corresponding points; accredited workshops will be marked as they go along). The minimum number of points to obtain validation is 50 points.
Elements considered for the acquisition of points (year 2019-2020):
• Validated attendance at the annual SFP National Congress (5-7 December 2020): 25 points (for the 3 days)
• Attendance at the “SFP PhleboPratique Congress” in June 2020: 15 points
• Attendance to “Toulouse is endovenous”: 10 points (nb takes place every 2 years)
• In addition, although the official start of teaching is in September 2019, the PhleboPratique Congress of Marseille 7 and 8 June 2019 will also be accredited with 15 points, valid for the year 2019-2020.
• Subscription to Phlébologie- Annales Vasculaires: 5 points
• Attendance at other validated/marked congresses: 10 points each
• Critical summaries of articles or book chapters proposed by the instructors: 5 points each.
Practical training is provided through practical training courses in centres throughout France and a few European countries (see list in the appendix). The candidate must contact the Programme Director of the desired centres directly. After each internship, the Programme Director of the Centre, or the Educational Supervisor, sends the SFP secretariat a certificate of internship specifying the number of procedures in which the candidate has attended and/or actively participated and a pedagogical comment. In this report, the teacher may suggest reducing or increasing the number of procedures required for the assessed candidate.
Validation of the practical part: the candidate must have attended at least 50 UGFS procedures and must have actively participated in the performance of at least 30 of these procedures. However, modulation is possible, in more or less, depending on the feedback from programme directors/educational supervisors. In addition, upon written and reasoned request to the SFP secretariat, the candidate may request an extension of the period necessary for him/her to validate his/her procedures (extension of up to one year, at no additional cost). These requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Attention: Active participation means participating or contributing to decisions and actions related to the superficial venous assessment, UGFS and the management and prevention of side effects or complications (pretherapeutic evaluation, information to the patient, development of strategy and ultrasound tracking, choice of injection sites, choice of concentrations and volumes, manufacture of foam, the different stages of the UGFS procedure itself, control and management of follow-up… but, the UGFS itself is not necessarily performed by the candidate, the instructor decides. Candidates are encouraged to validate their internships at several centres rather than just one.